HPE OfficeConnect 1820 Switch SeriesSKU: J9979A
HPE OfficeConnect 1820 Switch Series devices are basic, smart-managed, fixed configuration Gigabit Ethernet Layer 2 switches designed for small businesses looking for key features in an easy-to-administer solution.
The series is part of the OfficeConnect portfolio of Hewlett Packard Enterprise small business networking products. The series consists of six switches including 8-, 24- and 48-port Gigabit Ethernet switches and 8-, 24-, and 48-port Gigabit PoE+ models each providing non-blocking Gigabit per port performance. Some models include SFP ports for fiber connectivity and the 8-, 24-, and 48-port non PoE+ models are fanless, making them ideal for office deployments. All HPE OfficeConnect 1820 Switches support flexible installation options, including mounting on wall, under table, or on desktop. The 8-port Gigabit Ethernet model can be powered by an upstream Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch for environments where no line power is available.
These Gigabit switches are plug-and-play out of the box, yet network operation can be fine-tuned through features available from a simple Web browser-based GUI, if necessary. Customizable features include VLANs, Rapid Spanning Tree, IGMP Snooping, link aggregation trunking, and DSCP QoS policies. All models include the latest energy-saving capabilities, including Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) and idle-port power down. HPE OfficeConnect 1820 Switch Series is covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Intuitive Web management interface with an enhanced navigation pane.
- Non-PoE and PoE+ models for deployment flexibility.
- Fanless design available on four models for quiet operation.
- Customizable features for enhanced network performance.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Easy-to-Use, Simple to Deploy and Manage
- The HPE 1820 Switch Series features an intuitive Web management interface with an enhanced navigation pane for easy management of devices by non-technical users. The HPE 1820 Switch Series is ideal for organisations that require simplicity.
- The series gives you flexibility and choice with a complete portfolio. You get six rack-mountable models including three non-Power over Ethernet (PoE) models. Some models include SFP ports for fiber connectivity.
- Customizable features include VLANs, Spanning Tree, Link aggregation trunking, and IGMP Snooping. All models include Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP) and DSCP QoS policies.
- These switches support flexible installation options, including mounting on walls, under tables or on desk tops.
- Some models are of a fan-less design, making them quiet for office deployments.
Energy Efficiency and Lower TCO
- The HPE 1820 Switch Series include the latest energy-savings capabilities, including Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE), idle-port power down and PoE Port Scheduler.
- The 8-port Gigabit Ethernet model can be powered by an upstream PoE switch for environments where no line power is available.
- All switches are covered by a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- The HPE 1820 Switch Series traffic prioritisation provides time sensitive packets (like VoIP and video) with priority over other traffic based on DSCP or IEEE 802.1p classification. Packets are mapped to eight hardware queues for more effective throughput.
- Broadcast control allows limiting of broadcast traffic rate, to reduce unwanted network broadcast traffic.
- IEEE 802.11p/Q delivers data to devices based on the priority and type of traffic.
- HPE OfficeConnect 1820 8G Switch (J9979A)
- HPE OfficeConnect 1820 8G PoE+ (65W) Switch (J9982A)
- HPE OfficeConnect 1820 24G Switch (J9980A)
- HPE OfficeConnect 1820 24G PoE+ (185W) Switch (J9983A)
- HPE OfficeConnect 1820 48G Switch (J9981A)
- HPE OfficeConnect 1820 48G PoE+ (370W) Switch (J9984A)
HPE OfficeConnect 1820 Switch Series QuickSpecs
Please contact us to get a quote for this product or fill in the form below.