Verbatim Executive Fingerprint Secure SSD - USB 3.2SKU: 53656
Executive Fingerprint Secure SSD Overview
Keeping your data safe and secure while on the move is a prime concern - not only for businesses, but also from a personal perspective. Imagine losing your personal files, leaving them on a train or in the back of a taxi, knowing that anyone can access them because they were saved on a standard hard drive. The Executive Fingerprint Secure SSD uses a combination of AES 256-bit hardware encryption and biometric technology for complete information security, encased in a sleek aluminium enclosure.
The AES 256-bit Hardware Encryption seamlessly encrypts all data on the drive in real-time. The drive is compliant with GDPR requirements as 100% of the drive is securely encrypted. The built-in fingerprint recognition system allows access for up to eight authorised users and one administrator who can access the device via a password. The SSD does not store passwords in the computer or system's volatile memory making it far more secure than software encryption.
The Executive Fingerprint Secure SSD uses flash memory storage, offering faster speeds and higher performance than hard drives. SSDs have no moving parts which make them more reliable, completely silent, and use less power!
The easy-to-use software allows up to eight users to enrol and save their fingerprints. Once setup, these users can lock and unlock the device just using their registered fingerprint. Simply plug in the Executive Fingerprint Secure to your PC and gently place your finger on the sensor. If the fingerprint is recognised the secure hard drive will unlock and a green LED on the device will light up. The hard drive can also be accessed using an administrator password.
The drive can be setup and used on both PC and Mac operating systems. The SSD interface is USB 3.2 GEN 1 with USB-C connection for super-fast data transfer speeds*. The pack includes a USB-C to USB-A cable as well as a USB-C adapter for connection to a range of devices. It can also be connected to TVs once a fingerprint is registered, a feature which is not possible with regular encrypted drives.
For added security, Nero Backup software is provided to help you back up all your files, folders, and drives from your laptop or PC whenever you want. It also allows you to schedule an auto back up to a set time and day to ensure that it gets done regularly! Nero Backup Software is compatible with Windows only.
Read speed: up to 344 MB/sec
Write speed: up to 356 MB/sec
- Store your data and secure your SSD with your fingerprint
- USB-CTM external SSD with integrated fingerprint scanner
- Access using the fingerprint from an authorised user
- Premium 256-bit AES hardware security encryption
- Up to eight authorised users plus one administrator (via password)
- Store and carry confidential data while being protected from loss or hacking
- SSDs use flash memory storage for faster speeds, higher performance and greater reliability
- Supports USB Super-speed (5Gbps)
- Sleek aluminium design
- USB-C to USB-A cable and USB-C adapter
- Nero Backup Software included
USB 3.2 GEN 1 (also compatible with USB 2.0)*
- Windows 10, 8, 7
- Mac OS 10.6 or higher
*for optimal performance, the SSD must be connected to a USB 3.2 GEN 1 host controller
- Power: Bus powered via USB cable
- Interface: USB 3.2 GEN 1
- Enclosure material: Aluminium and plastic
- LED Indicator: Blue: In-use / Green: Unlocked / Red: Locked
- Product Weight: 58.5grams
- Dimensions: 111mm x 40mm x 13mm (L x W x H)
- Cable Length: 625mm
- Operating Temperature: 5°C to 50°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to 70°C
- Operating Humidity: 5 to 90%, non condensing
- Executive Fingerprint Secure SSD
- USB-C to USB-A cable
- USB-A to USB-C adapter
- Quick installation guide
- Nero Backup Software
- User manual (pre-loaded to the drive)